BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio in the X decided it would switch on and it would not switch off. I pulled the fuse and replaced it after 10 seconds and everything was fine but the radio turned on again during the night.
This in the "Business Radio" type.
Does it need a new radio? Any suggestions?
TIA.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Something similar happened to my X w/ same radio. It would not stop searching for stations and I couldnt shut the radio off. I was on highway so I couldnt turn the engine off so I rode home with the volume down. As soon as I turned the engine off and then back on it never happened again.

·
RetiredBum
849 Posts
Zulu, no xpert here at all, but it sounds very similar to the situ many of us went through a few years ago: our '01s and some '02s had the glitchtey Bus CD/radio that would simply "come on" when temps dropped below 40 degs F or so, resulting in dead battery. Took some arm wrestling and patience, but we all finally got a "software adjustment...mine has been fine since then, for nearly 4 yrs.

I am not suggesting you are below 40F or it's identical glitch, but similar in vein, imo.

Maybe a software fix will do it...OTOH, it may be jes' a glitch or it may take BMWNA a while to figure it out and decide to cover it, fix it, etc. GL,md

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MD, Thanks for the thoughts. Temps were more like 90+ with high humidity but it could be the same thing.
I notice BMW NA have yet to comment or offer their usual "assistance".
Seems I'm swinging by my own tail as CPO does not cover this which is, of course, a big surprise!
I'm investigating an upgrade package from non OEM sources.

Anybody got any suggestions for a package that intergrates into the vehicle easily?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update.

I just put the fuse back in. Key in off position the radio is off. Any position other than off and the radio is on and cannot be switched off. The volume knob varies the volume but the only way to change presets is via the wheel controls. The radio is stuck on AM and none of the other switches on the radio do anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts