BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Radio Cut Off

1099 6
On my way to drop the kids off at school, my radio cut. Sound like a fuse blowing. then a message was up on the mmi screen system can not be operated for 10 mins. Everything else still worked, ac and what have you, but no radio, ipod, cd, none of those functions. Even the clock on the mmi stopped while the time on dash continued. And in 10 mins the system came back up. Any ideas on what went wrong or how to go about making sure this doesnt happen again? :dunno:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Some folks have reported something similar when the nav drive has overheated and needed time to cool down, but it reported saying that it had overheated. The fuse popping noise could have come from your speakers as the ASK unit reset.
Could also be that the gps lost your location?
No mention of overheating, service advisor said it was something he never heard of so he checked with some other advisors and came up with it may have been some kind of update from the people that deal with the SOS button. If it happens again bring it in, if not don't worry about it!
yes my car can do this..
every day when I parking my car on the sunny place of the reqar side, after 10 minutes
do the same.
no radio or navi or parking sounds working....

I opened the door in the bin at the logic7,
littlebit better... thats it :)

I planned to put one from personal computer (12V) cooling fan to the side of the panel of plastic cover...
I hope it will working well :)
Some folks have reported something similar when the nav drive has overheated and needed time to cool down, but it reported saying that it had overheated. The fuse popping noise could have come from your speakers as the ASK unit reset.
there should be a cooling fan already there!
yes my car can do this..
every day when I parking my car on the sunny place of the reqar side, after 10 minutes
do the same.
no radio or navi or parking sounds working....

I opened the door in the bin at the logic7,
littlebit better... thats it :)

I planned to put one from personal computer (12V) cooling fan to the side of the panel of plastic cover...
I hope it will working well :)
yes but if the system stopped, the fan as well not moving.
What I want, from the bin inside, cut a hole, and put one PC fan to the inner side plastic panel
to give air to that units.

anyway if I buy another Logic7 unit, it will be ok?
or somewhere other is the problem, wich unit go to overtemperature?
or its fixable inside?
thanks
there should be a cooling fan already there!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.