BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 bmw 328xdrive...I bought it through an online auction 2 weeks ago.
So I posted a week ago that my radio and head unit would not turn on and all the fuses were good. So my brother took off the plastic piece that covers where the radio itself is located to find out that all the wires for the radio are present but are not plugged into anything. So the radio was never even there. All the bmw dealers are telling me that I HAVE to get a new one through them since these radios are ***8220;VIN#specific***8221; and I can***8217;t get a used OEM one. I also asked if it***8217;s an option to go aftermarket...he told me it may or may not be able to be programmed, but if it was, and later down the road something was wrong with the car and something else had to be programmed, that with the aftermarket being programmed already, the car won***8217;t let something else be programmed. This all sounds like nonsense. So someone please tell me what to do. the dealer came up with a total price of 3,700 to get this fixed. Someone tell me differently please lol

1 - 1 of 1 Posts