BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had some ass hole hit me and break my left tail light and it rained and water fell on my radio module and ive got a short and my mechanic had to remove it since it was draining my battery! my radio before removing was not working anymore, did not turn on etc. nav and the rest works but no more radio module. what can i do? can i get any new radio and hook it up? or do i have to get a new bmw radio module?? what are my options?

i have a 540i 2003, 130000 klm, business full display screen (16x9), business cd changer, nav, no blue tooth.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
hi

Options are;

1. search ebay, breakers yards, craigslist, forum for sale sections for the replacement modules you think are faulty. From the sounds of it, before the prang, your radio module wasn't working anyway, so you know you need that part. Ensure you get the right one. If any other module weren't working, replace those. Remember, this option will be old, second hand units, with no guarantee or warranty, so if they crap out next week, month or a few months down the line, thats the risk.

2. Buy new ones from BMW (read $$$$$$$!!)

3. Gut the oem head unit, amplifier, GPS aerial, computer and sell it all off for good money, and use the dosh to go for an aftermarket setup.

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
15,902 Posts
There are two devices in the trunk: the amp, which you refer to as a "radio module", and the CD changer. The "radio" itself is in the dash unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.