BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

This is kind of off-topic, but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with radio stations in Germany. I'm a big classical music fan and I thought it would be sweet to be slicing through the German back-roads and Autobahn listening to some cool classical station or wild German rock band! :rofl: I'll be bringing my own CD's but I was just curious if anyone took advantge of their radio whilst in Germany. For those who know, are there are English-speaking stations to be found around the Munich area? Danke...err...thank you!!

bmills

· Grinning from ear to ear
2,052 Posts
bmills313 said:
OK,

This is kind of off-topic, but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with radio stations in Germany. I'm a big classical music fan and I thought it would be sweet to be slicing through the German back-roads and Autobahn listening to some cool classical station or wild German rock band! :rofl: I'll be bringing my own CD's but I was just curious if anyone took advantge of their radio whilst in Germany. For those who know, are there are English-speaking stations to be found around the Munich area? Danke...err...thank you!!

bmills
We listened to a bunch of random statiosn whilst in Germany/Italy. There seemed to be a mix of German and English music. I think you'll enjoy what you hear. The only problem is in the mountains the radio stations faded in and out so after a while we gave up and listened to CDs.

· Spelling Impaired
5,719 Posts
The only English radio I remember hearing was the AFN radio station being broadcast from all the US Army and Air Force bases...content was marginal at best.

I found some pretty good stations and used it as an opportunity to work on my German. I get really good at listening for what road the Stau was forming

· Ex-Dictator
27,411 Posts
Desertnate said:
The only English radio I remember hearing was the AFN radio station being broadcast from all the US Army and Air Force bases...content was marginal at best.

I found some pretty good stations and used it as an opportunity to work on my German. I get really good at listening for what road the Stau was forming
You can get BFBS starting from mid Germany and all the way to the South.

Every state have at least one classical channel.

· Registered
141 Posts
I got a bunch of these "BAYERN1", "BAYERN2", etc. stations on my RDS readout. Reception was iffy and what I heard certainly wasn't classical. But when are you ever going to listen to Bavarian music again?

Attachments

· Le plaisir de conduire
498 Posts
I found a couple classical stations, the best were actually in the Czech Republic. I also think that just by scanning around you'll find some good music and pick up some of the language.

~Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.