BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 97 528i with the navigation monitor (cassette & small display) but none of the features work. The monitor will not display what station i am listening to, the tone button does not work (equalizer), cassette player is busted, navi does not work! I just purchased the car about a month ago and i'm ready to kick the radio to the curb! I've been looking at the wider navigation screen but the more i try to research the forums & online more confused i become....MK2, MK3, MK4, MK50?! lol, basically i am beginning to feel a little frustrated on not knowing what to get, so i'm turning to a post. Can someone please help me out as to what parts i would need to get to make this a smooth project? I am looking at the monitor and the part in the trunk? My car also does not have a CD player so i would like to add a CD changer as well. Any estimates on how much this would run me? i am looking at Ebay to purchase the parts.

greatly appreciate it, thanks!

ps, i went to the dealer 2 weeks ago and purchased the 6 disk navi set thinking i had a bad disc and that ran me back 300, will that work with the new system?

·
Coole Russen
1,304 Posts
Hi,

I have a 97 528i with the navigation monitor (cassette & small display) but none of the features work. The monitor will not display what station i am listening to, the tone button does not work (equalizer), cassette player is busted, navi does not work! I just purchased the car about a month ago and i'm ready to kick the radio to the curb! I've been looking at the wider navigation screen but the more i try to research the forums & online more confused i become....MK2, MK3, MK4, MK50?! lol, basically i am beginning to feel a little frustrated on not knowing what to get, so i'm turning to a post. Can someone please help me out as to what parts i would need to get to make this a smooth project? I am looking at the monitor and the part in the trunk? My car also does not have a CD player so i would like to add a CD changer as well. Any estimates on how much this would run me? i am looking at Ebay to purchase the parts.

greatly appreciate it, thanks!

ps, i went to the dealer 2 weeks ago and purchased the 6 disk navi set thinking i had a bad disc and that ran me back 300, will that work with the new system?
Around 2k for nav retrofit. I'm not sure tho, I'm not from US, so anyone else?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a lot but i would be willing to invest in it if i knew what parts i should get. can anyone help me out with possible part # compatible with my vehicle?

:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im doing the same thing with mine....there is a crap load of stuff that you have to take into consideration...i have a box FULL of the parts that i ripped out of a 97 540 bmw. the production dates for the 97's change, for the wireing harnes's in the dash,* since mine is a 11-96, mine had NOTHING to do with a navigation, so i have to rip out all the interior to run the main harness to the back of the car. in 9-97 is when they included the plug and play harness for the car....kinda sucks for me..but yea. if your production date is later than 9-97 then you should be set for plug and play. but yea..i have about 60 lbs of little adapters, cables, little computer boxes, recivers, cd drive, and other stuff in a box...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts