BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i've just signed up to this club today :) and i was hoping that someone could help me with a wiring diagram of the radio of my 318is 1997 model. I want to change over the stock Radio to a new cd player..can anyone help me with this???

·
Registered
101 Posts
You should use the control signal from the radio. This will turn the amp on only when the radio is on. This is pin 16 from the radio. If you have an amplifier in the trunk, this is the white wire to the amp. If not, then you can get it off the white wire on the antenna amplifier. This is only the control wire. I assume that you know to pull the positive voltage straight from the battery.

·
Registered
355 Posts
lesl2 said:
You should use the control signal from the radio. This will turn the amp on only when the radio is on. This is pin 16 from the radio. If you have an amplifier in the trunk, this is the white wire to the amp. If not, then you can get it off the white wire on the antenna amplifier. This is only the control wire. I assume that you know to pull the positive voltage straight from the battery.
:thumbup: aka remote to power your amp...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.