BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 02 e46 2 days ago, and i cant get the radio to turn off. I press the volume button but nothing seems to happen. It turns off when the ignition is off and key removed, however i have to turn the volume all the way down while driving since i cant turn it off.
Any suggestions??

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Have you pulled the knob off? If not, pull it off and see if the lever it is mounted on pushes in and out. I had my head unit replaced a couple of weeks ago because the LCDs were not lighting. The first unit they installed had a broken knob, it wouldn't turn off. It also had a lot of wiggle in it. I took the knob off and could tell that a spring or the lever was broken inside. They replaced it with another unit and all is well now.

·
Registered
226 Posts
A broken on/off switch maybe?

You've reminded me of something weird that happended to me the other day - radio was on when I made a call over Bluetooth. I turned the volume up during the call, but after disconnecting, the radio volume was REALLY loud, and I could not turn it down or turn it off! I was only able to get the radio off and the sound down when I eventually stopped and turned the ignition off...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts