Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since replacing the windshield, the automatic rain sensing wipers are not working as well as they did previously. I use Bimmercode to code my car. Can anyone help me with the code required to reset or calibrate the RLS?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Are you sure your replacement windshield has the rain sensor? May not have been transferred over.

Remove the cover over the rear view mirror and see anything is unplugged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved

No issues with the replacement windshield or the sensor. When the windshield is replaced, the sensor is removed from the old glass. It is held tightly against the glass by a metal clip. The clip tech had not replaced the clip, therefore the sensor was not held tight to the glass. Upon installation of a clip, the sensor “saw” the snow falling and worked properly.
Solved in 5 minutes!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Was the windshield done at a BMW facility or was it like a 3rd party? You need to calibrate the RLS after a windshield install. They could have not plugged in the sensor as well because even though its not calibrated, it will work it just won't be as effective. Your RLS is the black puck looking thing glued to the windshield and is in case behind your rearview mirror plastics. Check to see if they plugged it back in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts