BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this is suppose to be this way.

when it rains, I turn the leveler to 1st "click" this is the setting to use for rain sensor. So the wipers will go faster or slower base on how hard the rain hits the windshield. Correct?

BUT, without touching the leveler/switch, I turn the car off (say I go shopping or something), and when I turn my car back on. Even though it's still raining, my wipers does nothing.

So the car is on, the switch is on 1st level (rain sensing), but the wipers doesn't move. I'll have to turn it off (move the leveler down) and back on (back to 1st level) again in order for the wipers to work again (at rain sensing function).

This is just weird, why do I have to "reset" all the time in order for the rain sensing function to work. In my toyota camry, once u put on auto, everything is auto. I can turn the car off, and back on again, if it's still raining, the wipers will still be working base on the amount of rain. So I can just leave it on at "auto sensing" at all time and not to worry about a thing in the Camry, but not on my 330i.

Why is that?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
That`s just the way it is, my boy....the switch always defaults to the OFF/OFF position when the key is turned off. This feature has saved more than one ass when driving into a car wash.... :)

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GAAAAAHHH!! :banghead: All BMW owner should NOT be driving into a car wash to begin with. :slap:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a 2001 330i with sport and premium packages... do I have automatic wipers? If so, how do I enable this function? So far, I can't figure it put.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,904 Posts

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
GAAAAAHHH!! :banghead: All BMW owner should NOT be driving into a car wash to begin with. :slap:
:D It seems like an odd feature to protect against something that might happen once a week at the most. I'd rather an airbag-like warning label reminding me to turn the wipers off before going to the car wash. But it is what it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts