BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Drinker w/ Riding problem
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidently ran over the curb with my passenger front wheel at approx 20 mph. Now my steeringwheel is at 2&8 oclock position. Everytime i reverse out of my driveway, it make a clunk noise, when i put it in drive and the car start moving, it makes another clunk noise.

Is it just alignment, something came loose and couldbe tighten or did i break something?
I crawed under and visually inspected, there was no loose parts. What do i have to look for?

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
I accidently ran over the curb with my passenger front wheel at approx 20 mph. Now my steeringwheel is at 2&8 oclock position. Everytime i reverse out of my driveway, it make a clunk noise, when i put it in drive and the car start moving, it makes another clunk noise.

Is it just alignment, something came loose and couldbe tighten or did i break something?
I crawed under and visually inspected, there was no loose parts. What do i have to look for?
I would not continue to drive the car daily if your steering wheel is now 2 & 8 !

·
Registered
904 Posts
Jonny, there may be a small Hyundai or Kia trapped under your control arms....Just kidding bud. Looking forward to fitting that spoiler.

·
Registered
18 Posts

If your steering wheel is in that position now, pretty sure that your tierod(inner/outer) will most likely be bent. Hopefully you did not do any damage to the upper or lower control arms. If it's just the tierod then it shouldn't hurt the pocket too much.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
you wrecked your control arms and i'm sure your tie rods are beat.

i just did someone's passenger side upper, lower arms plus both tie rods when he kissed a curb.

i would stop driving it asap and get it fixed... asap.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Same thing happened to me, the sound come from the (shock breakers) (don't now the exact word for it). 700***8364; to replace them here "about 950$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts