BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pls am in hot soup, my car is misfiring without ant code. I changed all the coils, injectors and spark plugs still no change. I now started unplugging each coil plug to find out which one is misfiring. cylinder 2 and 5 had no egine drop as i unplug them so i they her the ones with the problem but my issue is a have new coil, spark plugs and injectors.
SoS my bimmer friends my car is stuck on the highway

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
963 Posts
Well then now we have something. 99% of the time they are NON OEM and it becomes a nightmare as you think you’ve already eliminated this stuff but it’s the crap parts that you used.
What engine is this? N52? N52K? N54? N55?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Well then now we have something. 99% of the time they are NON OEM and it becomes a nightmare as you think you’ve already eliminated this stuff but it’s the crap parts that you used.
^ This.
What engine?
What do you use to read codes?
Are those OEM or OE parts or aftermarket?
OE: BMW.
OEM: BMW supplier (Bosch, NGK, ATE, Jurid, Textar, Pagid, Brembo, Valeo, ZF, Delphi, SKF, F A G, Denso, MANN, MAHLE, Hengst etc.).
Aftermarket: guys making parts for your BMW but other than that, they are not BMW supplier (Dorman, Raybestos, Supertech, Centric, DFC, etc. ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It an N52 and all the parts was tested on another e90 and worked fine
^ This.
What engine?
What do you use to read codes?
Are those OEM or OE parts or aftermarket?
OE: BMW.
OEM: BMW supplier (Bosch, NGK, ATE, Jurid, Textar, Pagid, Brembo, Valeo, ZF, Delphi, SKF, F A G, Denso, MANN, MAHLE, Hengst etc.).
Aftermarket: guys making parts for your BMW but other than that, they are not BMW supplier (Dorman, Raybestos, Supertech, Centric, DFC, etc. ).

I use ispta to scan the car and the sparkplug are NGK, coil bosch

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
963 Posts
Sorry to be a hardass about OEM parts but I’ve seen it a hundred times with “Bosch” or “NGK” purchased from places like Amazon.

So is this an Xi vehicle? Does this happen all the time like at idle or under load or it doesn’t matter?
Have you checked spark? ToolAid sells a cheap but great spark tester.
Have you checked fuel pressure? I bought a nice fuel pressure guage as the cheap ones don’t seem to last. But I’m sure there is cheaper options.

If you have eliminated the coils, plugs and injectors, have tested spark and fuel pressure then you most likely have a mechanical issue.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today i try to activate injector from inpa and found out the injectors are not firing so i swap them with one firing and now the one that did not work started working and other did not work
Sorry to be a hardass about OEM parts but I’ve seen it a hundred times with “Bosch” or “NGK” purchased from places like Amazon.

So is this an Xi vehicle? Does this happen all the time like at idle or under load or it doesn’t matter?
Have you checked spark? ToolAid sells a cheap but great spark tester.
Have you checked fuel pressure? I bought a nice fuel pressure guage as the cheap ones don’t seem to last. But I’m sure there is cheaper options.

If you have eliminated the coils, plugs and injectors, have tested spark and fuel pressure then you most likely have a mechanical issue.
I also got 6 new spark plugs and a new fuel pump, the car is a 330i 2006

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I found little oil leak on the down side of the engine
Left side? VCG.
How is your OFHG? Pay attention on that leak as oil can find it’s way on serpentine belt. It breaks and gets sucked into engine through front crank seal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Left side? VCG.
How is your OFHG? Pay attention on that leak as oil can find it’s way on serpentine belt. It breaks and gets sucked into engine through front crank seal.

The leak is at the back side of the engine and it drop a little on the exhaust when the is very bad idle.
What vcg and ofhg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Possibly he didnt think he had any codes (such as a CEL) 2 days ago, but then found them later using INPA and ISTA and then posted them above. I also get no apparent codes on a similar problem so I'm watching here for useful responses. No ODBII codes and no CEL, but INPA shows them. Sometimes people post without having run all the troubleshooting trees ya'll know by heart...I'm not gonna bust his chops.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Ok so base on the code from inpa and ista what can u make of my problem
They might be historical codes or they might be current codes. Typically, a problem with an o2 sensor will illuminate the CEL, so you have to know what's current and what isn't.

First thing to do is erase them, drive the car for a 50 km drive cycle, then rescan for codes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts