BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
3,424 Posts
:giggle:
Possibly he didnt think he had any codes (such as a CEL) 2 days ago, but then found them later using INPA and ISTA and then posted them above.[SAME thread on E90Post he indicated what codes he had a day or two before he posted them here (in response to question about INPA/ISTA)]... I also get no apparent codes on a similar problem so I'm watching here for useful responses. [I would suggest post NEW Thread yourself with complete data on YOUR issue, including What Fault Codes are read, and with WHAT SCAN TOOL, or if you already have a thread, "bump" it with more data or info.] No ODBII codes and no CEL, but INPA shows them. Sometimes people post without having run all the troubleshooting trees ya'll know by heart...I'm not gonna bust his chops.
Wise Man! ANYONE posting about an issue should realize we ONLY know what YOU tell us about YOUR issue, YOUR Vehicle and YOUR Tools.
1) If you read particular codes:
a) provide the actual code numbers read;
b) indicate the Scan Tool or Software used to read those;
2) If YOUR scan tool provided Definitions, or Freeze Frame Data for those codes, furnish THAT information.
3) A particular P-code or Hex-code can mean ONE thing on ONE Module Variant, and something else entirely on Another Module, so identify your vehicle; Last-7 of VIN helps for those with ISTA.
4) A simple Entry-Level P-code reader may only read P-codes in the DME or Engine Control Module. It can't read ANY Hex-codes, and reads NO codes in any of the other nearly 20 modules in your vehicle.
5) Some Hex-codes saved in the DME have NO P-code equivalvent, such as 2E81 through 2E85 related to the Coolant Pump.

So if YOU are the person reporting the facts, give ALL the facts you can think of that MAY be related to diagnosing your issue, particularly tools available to you or used by you.

If you are trying to help that person, try to think of a way he can diagnose with tools currently available, particularly if a quick fix is needed. INPA and ISTA are great. NOT everyone has them, or the time or interest to acquire or use them. Sometimes you "gotta use baling wire & duct tape".

ALL of the above is obvious to ANYONE who stops to think from the perspective of the other guy. So this is just a suggestion to DO THAT: Stop & Think! Something that has gone "Out-of-Style" in recent years.:poop:
George

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok so base on the code from inpa and ista what can u make of my problem
UZOMAKLY you need to provide a vehicle running history to get your answer. If you took your BMW to a mechanic, he would be asking you all kinds of questions about how your car ran before, and after you messed with it. If he is any good. Likewise people here need to know the same thing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
:giggle:

Wise Man! ANYONE posting about an issue should realize we ONLY know what YOU tell us about YOUR issue, YOUR Vehicle and YOUR Tools.
1) If you read particular codes:
a) provide the actual code numbers read;
b) indicate the Scan Tool or Software used to read those;
2) If YOUR scan tool provided Definitions, or Freeze Frame Data for those codes, furnish THAT information.
3) A particular P-code or Hex-code can mean ONE thing on ONE Module Variant, and something else entirely on Another Module, so identify your vehicle; Last-7 of VIN helps for those with ISTA.
4) A simple Entry-Level P-code reader may only read P-codes in the DME or Engine Control Module. It can't read ANY Hex-codes, and reads NO codes in any of the other nearly 20 modules in your vehicle.
5) Some Hex-codes saved in the DME have NO P-code equivalvent, such as 2E81 through 2E85 related to the Coolant Pump.

So if YOU are the person reporting the facts, give ALL the facts you can think of that MAY be related to diagnosing your issue, particularly tools available to you or used by you.

If you are trying to help that person, try to think of a way he can diagnose with tools currently available, particularly if a quick fix is needed. INPA and ISTA are great. NOT everyone has them, or the time or interest to acquire or use them. Sometimes you "gotta use baling wire & duct tape".

ALL of the above is obvious to ANYONE who stops to think from the perspective of the other guy. So this is just a suggestion to DO THAT: Stop & Think! Something that has gone "Out-of-Style" in recent years.:poop:
George
1. Vin az87227
2. I used the dme-f6-f1-f1 to activate the injector.
3. found out 2 an 4 not firing. I swap injector 2 and 4 with injector 1 an 3
I also did a continuing test of the wires from socket to the dme plug and it was through no break in between the wires. No corrosion on the sockets
Attached:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
UZOMAKLY you need to provide a vehicle running history to get your answer. If you took your BMW to a mechanic, he would be asking you all kinds of questions about how your car ran before, and after you messed with it. If he is any good. Likewise people here need to know the same thing.
The only thing recently I know did was a program module update to sp daten v66 and it run fine. This my problem only started 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
76 Posts
1. Vin az87227
2. I used the dme-f6-f1-f1 to activate the injector.
3. found out 2 an 4 not firing. I swap injector 2 and 4 with injector 1 an 3
I also did a continuing test of the wires from socket to the dme plug and it was through no break in between the wires. No corrosion on the sockets
Attached:
I am going to take a guess at your issue since you have not said if your car ran good before the misfire occurred. Usually if someone experiences a rough running engine they think fuel or ignition, and call it a misfire. But sometimes it is not a plug, or a coil, or a injector failure. You went the shotgun approach and replaced the plugs, coils and injectors. And nothing changed. Have you checked valvetronic? Valvetronic failure can occur without any codes, but you do have a code for valvetronic as you have posted. Valvetronic will cause rough running conditions. Like I said, just a guess with the limited history.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am going to take a guess at your issue since you have not said if your car ran good before the misfire occurred. Usually if someone experiences a rough running engine they think fuel or ignition, and call it a misfire. But sometimes it is not a plug, or a coil, or a injector failure. You went the shotgun approach and replaced the plugs, coils and injectors. And nothing changed. Have you checked valvetronic? Valvetronic failure can occur without any codes, but you do have a code for valvetronic as you have posted. Valvetronic will cause rough running conditions. Like I said, just a guess with the limited history.
My run very fine before the misfires issue started

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The only thing recently I know did was a program module update to sp daten v66 and it run fine. This my problem only started 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
How can i bench test my injector manually bcos some of my injectors are not work but i get the correct ohms ready with my multimeter (12.5ohms) and still it does not work.
I tested it with ac12v battery and i hear it ticking

·
Anti-Hack
5,761 Posts
Use a can of injector cleaner sealed and attached to the injector, cycled on an off with a 9v battery to clean them at the same time.

Before doing that, pull all 6 injectors but leave the rail attached, place newspaper on top of the engine, and rest it all on the paper. Turn the key on to check for injector weep.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

21 - 33 of 33 Posts