Wise Man! ANYONE posting about an issue should realize we ONLY know what YOU tell us about YOUR issue, YOUR Vehicle and YOUR Tools.Possibly he didnt think he had any codes (such as a CEL) 2 days ago, but then found them later using INPA and ISTA and then posted them above.[SAME thread on E90Post he indicated what codes he had a day or two before he posted them here (in response to question about INPA/ISTA)]... I also get no apparent codes on a similar problem so I'm watching here for useful responses. [I would suggest post NEW Thread yourself with complete data on YOUR issue, including What Fault Codes are read, and with WHAT SCAN TOOL, or if you already have a thread, "bump" it with more data or info.] No ODBII codes and no CEL, but INPA shows them. Sometimes people post without having run all the troubleshooting trees ya'll know by heart...I'm not gonna bust his chops.
1) If you read particular codes:
a) provide the actual code numbers read;
b) indicate the Scan Tool or Software used to read those;
2) If YOUR scan tool provided Definitions, or Freeze Frame Data for those codes, furnish THAT information.
3) A particular P-code or Hex-code can mean ONE thing on ONE Module Variant, and something else entirely on Another Module, so identify your vehicle; Last-7 of VIN helps for those with ISTA.
4) A simple Entry-Level P-code reader may only read P-codes in the DME or Engine Control Module. It can't read ANY Hex-codes, and reads NO codes in any of the other nearly 20 modules in your vehicle.
5) Some Hex-codes saved in the DME have NO P-code equivalvent, such as 2E81 through 2E85 related to the Coolant Pump.
So if YOU are the person reporting the facts, give ALL the facts you can think of that MAY be related to diagnosing your issue, particularly tools available to you or used by you.
If you are trying to help that person, try to think of a way he can diagnose with tools currently available, particularly if a quick fix is needed. INPA and ISTA are great. NOT everyone has them, or the time or interest to acquire or use them. Sometimes you "gotta use baling wire & duct tape".
ALL of the above is obvious to ANYONE who stops to think from the perspective of the other guy. So this is just a suggestion to DO THAT: Stop & Think! Something that has gone "Out-of-Style" in recent years.