BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving a few weeks ago fairly spiritedly for abt 5 min. I get off the highway and I get the "engine overheated" msg. I pull over and notice I do not hear the auxiliary fan that is associated with a hot car. Let the car sit turn it back on, no msg and still no fan. Weird to me so I then drive hard to see if the fan cuts on it does and no overheating msg. New radiator just installed Car wasn't low on coolant and I had my cooling system done earlier this year(water pump thermostat). Further more i put my car up to a GT1 and showing no errors. Any idea what this could be? When I pulled up the hidden temperature menu the temp ranged from 85 celcius(on start up) to 110(after a spirited drive) Someone mentioned an "oil level sensor" sending false codes to the DME. Any help is appreciated as I am baffled...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is it losing coolant
I fixed one that had the o-rings leaking from the water pipe under the valley pan
There is a small weep hole in the front of the block that will leak if that's the problem...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have no coolant leaks thai I can see. The water pump was changed a year ago and the thermostat about 2 years ago. Lots of debate weather engine temp at 105-108c is normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts