Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Most people in this forum would tell you to make sure all its recall work has been completed and that you get a full inspection. N63 engines have a history and if you’re considering one, prepare yourself with questions and information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have one of these purchased from the dealer - non-M Turbos appear to produce more boost than standard from what I can tell (checked manifold pressure with scan tool - about 12psi under heavy acceleration in sports mode). Nice rims and 3rd row seats with lots of cool stuff....

N63 E70 X5 2012

·
Registered
705 Posts
Was just browsing the car sale websites and came upon this rare gem.

How many one of you would advise buying it ?

Mileage is about average for its age, 2- owners which is also average, M-sport package which is RARE :)

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-BMW-X5-d393?sourceContext=criteo&utm_campaign=criteo_remarketing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=criteo#listing=214712373
What’s rare about this car? M-sport isn’t that rare; M-sport with adaptive drive is relatively rare, but 2011 M-sports had adaptive drive bundled in. In any case, I wouldn’t buy a 2011 v8 as they are the most trouble prone.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
2 accidents and been for sale over almost a year? pass.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Do $10k worth of updating and you have 400 hp of super SUV for $25k whose original price tag must be at least $80k.
2014-2015 F15 50is with MSRP nearly $90k with half the miles are selling in low-mid 30s. This is not a good buy IMO, given its history.

·
Registered
287 Posts
This car is priced above market value with its mileage, accident report, and year. Be forewarned that the car may require up to 5-15k of repair. I'm not kidding.

I have the v8 m-sport package with the (optional) adaptive drive. It is fantastic on a smooth highway by keeping the suspension stiff and rollbar tight. In the city or on bumpy roads it can make the car softer and more comfortable. Buyer beware these adjustable structs cost about 1000k each without labor if they start leaking and I don't believe there is a 3rd party solution. Also the adjustable rollbar may also leak and thats even more expensive. Weigh in what is important and if you'll actually use it.

On a bigger note this particular engine can potentially have a huge smokey oil consumption issue. Solution is a 5k valve stem seal job, various gaskets amounting to serval thousand in labor, potentially a new 12k engine, and 5k turbos if they're on their way out.

The 2011 doesn't have more power because its M sport. The 2013 version has 30+ hp more because they added some technology to the engine and the name escapes me what that is.

Also this car doesn't have heated seats. Thats like a 1k+ discount in a 4 season area.

This beast of a X5 makes me really happy but not without an almost bumper to bumper warranty to sort things out and make repair costs predicable.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Was just browsing the car sale websites and came upon this rare gem.

How many one of you would advise buying it ?

Mileage is about average for its age, 2- owners which is also average, M-sport package which is RARE :)

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-BMW-X5-d393?sourceContext=criteo&utm_campaign=criteo_remarketing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=criteo#listing=214712373
Mechanical issues aside, which part of the car wasn't damaged?

03/01/2017
Damage to front
Damage to right front

10/16/2018
Damage to left front
Damage to left rear
Damage to left side
Damage to rear

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=FXI_0&vin=5UXZV8C57BL417548

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
287 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks!!

I do not have access to free Carfax !!
If you go to the dealer its being sold at they actually have a free linkable Carfax report. I was curious since it resembles my car so much minus the accidents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts