BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 535dX has been making a quick rattle/clank where the front pass door meets B pillar and roofline for several months now.
It only makes the sound when I hit a decent sized bump or pothole. If the roads are good the door is quiet. Speed bumps don't it; needs to be a more jarring hit.
After no luck chasing seat belt rattle or something in the seatbelt mechanism behind the plastic cover, I had a passenger listen while I intentionally drove down a bad road to isolate it.
And from the outside if I press on the door in between the blue tape in this pic the door moves inwards a bit and makes a small squeak.
I've been putting Gummi-Pfledge on both the frame and door seals which stops the sound, but only for about a week.
The door doesn't look out of line w/ the frame/roof and it hasn't been in an accident.
Should I realign the catch on the B pillar to hold the door tighter? Replace the frame or door seal? Or live w/ it?
Driver's side door is quiet and I cannot push its respective corner in.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
I am too lazy to go look, but isn't there a largish black adjustment nut on a door somewhere, similar to the two in the trunk lid or the hood?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the trunk knobs you are referring to, and don't see any for the doors.
Hopefully more suggestions will be shared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts