BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· From DownUnder
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I took the car for a breather hose replacement and noticed that the mechanic has not toped the oil. What I also found very odd was, that when the engine is running and I pull the dip stick out, something starts making rattling noise towards the end of dip stick area. When I push the stick back in, the noise is nearly gone, but I can still hear it if I try close.

I am scared if the mechanic could have dropped into the engine or somewhere else while changing the breather hose. Or something else that might damage the engine?

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

· Registered
1,946 Posts
Hi Guys,

I took the car for a breather hose replacement and noticed that the mechanic has not toped the oil. What I also found very odd was, that when the engine is running and I pull the dip stick out, something starts making rattling noise towards the end of dip stick area. When I push the stick back in, the noise is nearly gone, but I can still hear it if I try close.

I am scared if the mechanic could have dropped into the engine or somewhere else while changing the breather hose. Or something else that might damage the engine?

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.
I'm more interested in learning what dip stick you removed and where it was located.

· From DownUnder
1,177 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.