BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a very positive experience at Ray Catena BMW. This is the 3rd BMW I purchased there. On my 2nd (before they were Ray Catena BMW), I was extremely dissatisfied with the treatment I received from the sales dept and sales mgr. They "took me for a ride" on my trade-in and also wouldn't rectify a problem with ordering the alarm system.

On this try, the sales manager came over and introduced herself on the very first day I was there and promised me that they would make this a good experience for me. I got a very good deal (best I've ever gotten) on the new car, and a very fair credit on my trade-in. The original car was ordered missing a feature that I wanted, and they immediately ordered a replacement without any resistance.

This dealership has had a reputation for being hard-nosed, demanding, and not very willing to negotiate. I'm happy to say that this does not reflect the experience that I just had.

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
Why the hell would you go back to a dealership that screwed you in the past! It's morons like you that keep rip-off dealerships in business!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why the hell would you go back to a dealership that screwed you in the past! It's morons like you that keep rip-off dealerships in business!
Now ... lemme see. The dealership changes ownership. I have an open mind. I know that I can walk at any time I want and do business with another dealership. Yet this is the closest and most convenient dealer to my home. I end up getting exactly the car I want. I end up getting a very low markup over invoice (substantially lower than I've ever gotten before, much lower than this dealership has even given anyone that I know before). They make a mistake in the features and happily without any questions asked order another one. And they give me substantially more on my trade-in (based on Manheim and Galves)than I expected and substantially over the minimum amount I was willing to accept. And you call me something derogatory for this. Hmmm. Who's the real moron here?

·
Registered
338 Posts
lsedels: Glad it worked out for you. I have an MB coming off lease, bought from Catena in Edison. I intend to replace it with a BMW so thought contacting Westchester BMW, now that it's been bought by Catena, would be a win-win. Sent a bunch of dealers e-mails indicating what I wanted and Westchester was one of two which sent back an essentially non-responsive message, asking what I wanted and telling me to come in.

Sure, I COULD have tried another e-mail but life is too short. Bought the car somewhere else. Maybe the next BMW. :)

IAC, again, everyone's experience is different, glad yours was a good one.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
down in central NJ ray catena has a very good reputation. Their service facilities in Edison and Oakhurst are huge and has amazing things like virtual golf.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lsedels: Glad it worked out for you. I have an MB coming off lease, bought from Catena in Edison. I intend to replace it with a BMW so thought contacting Westchester BMW, now that it's been bought by Catena, would be a win-win. Sent a bunch of dealers e-mails indicating what I wanted and Westchester was one of two which sent back an essentially non-responsive message, asking what I wanted and telling me to come in.

Sure, I COULD have tried another e-mail but life is too short. Bought the car somewhere else. Maybe the next BMW. :)

IAC, again, everyone's experience is different, glad yours was a good one.
Not all dealers respond to internet queries. I would have gone in to see what they had to say. I also know someone at the BMW dealership in Spring Valley I could have sent you to

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not all dealers respond to internet queries. I would have gone in to see what they had to say. I also know someone at the BMW dealership in Spring Valley I could have sent you to
Thanks, but you know, after they managed to scratch two doors on my E63 I decided maybe I'd rather not buy another Catena-mobile.

I understand about some dealers not wanting to do Internet but that's really the best way for me.

Again, we all have different experiences but mine made me less than enthusiastic about pursuing things with Westchester (Catena) BMW..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you tried their service yet? My last few visits were to greenwich and I was not very satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts