BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my cell phone a couple of weeks ago to the new Razr V3m and it does not work at all with the BMW Bluetooth system. I know the Razr V3c is listed as being compatible with the car. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did you properly set up the new phone with the car? You can't use the old bluetooth connection. I believe it needs to be reset

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is a set up routine on the idrive. I think you have to go thru bluetooth set up on the car with the phones bluetooth set to on. Let the cars setup routine find the phone now.

·
servant to the people
149 Posts
Veight said:
There is a set up routine on the idrive. I think you have to go thru bluetooth set up on the car with the phones bluetooth set to on. Let the cars setup routine find the phone now.
Slightly correct. Once bluetooth is checkmarked, go to phone.

From your phone, search for devices. You should find BMWXXXXXXXX

Put in a random code and accept the pairing on Idrive. Put the same random code on the Idrive. Once pairing is confirmed, try out the phone.

I just paired my Nokia 8800 a few minutes ago and works perfectly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried everything and finally yesterday I was able to get to the point where it picked up the device name (my BMW; BMWxxxxxx). Once I tried to pair it the pairing could not find the device! Now it intermittently picks up the BMWxxxxxx. I think it's the V3m issue and hopefully they'll fix it here soon or I'll have to switch over to Motorola's V3c; I'd rather not though.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Check out this service bulletin. It might be your car. You can check your VIN number agains the list. I think the last 6-8 numbers in your VIN are the "chassis number" My phone was working, then it stopped working. When I went in to the phone menu on the car it was stuck in a "searching" mode.

Good luck.

SI B84 14 06 Phone, Navigation Systems June 2006

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Chipster said:
Check out this service bulletin. It might be your car. You can check your VIN number agains the list. I think the last 6-8 numbers in your VIN are the "chassis number" My phone was working, then it stopped working. When I went in to the phone menu on the car it was stuck in a "searching" mode.

Good luck.

SI B84 14 06 Phone, Navigation Systems June 2006
The SIB was posted by Cobradav, who should receive credit for it, Chipster. You linked to Cobradav's post, not the SIB. Do you even know where to get the SIBs, or do you simply take credit for what others post?

Vamiri - Who's your service provider>? The RAZR works with several but not all service providers. Check out the official BMW Bluetooth website. I don't think the SIB that Chipster has, er, referred to, is relevant to your situation.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Malibubimmer said:
The SIB was posted by Cobradav, who should receive credit for it, Chipster. You linked to Cobradav's post, not the SIB.
You've got to be kidding me. You would have to be a complete idiot if you thought my link was the actual SB. It was simply a link to Cobradav's post. In no was did I represent my post as being the SB from BMW, nor did I try to take credit for it. :rolleyes: Of course if you click the link you will see that Cobradav posted a copy of the SB, THANK YOU COBRADAV :thumbup:

I simply had the same problem Kamiri is having and the next thing I knew my phone would not link at all and there is a SB to replace a defective TCU.

Doesn't surprise me an attorney takes my post out of context. :tsk:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Malibubimmer said:
Vamiri - Who's your service provider>? The RAZR works with several but not all service providers. Check out the official BMW Bluetooth website. I don't think the SIB that Chipster has, er, referred to, is relevant to your situation.
FYI, this user's name is Kamiri, that would be with a "K", not a "V"...and the phone in question is a V3m - which is a CDMA phone and in So Cal would only be available from Verizon. He clearly states it's an V3m - that would be "M". It's a new version of the V3.

I guess you were too busy trying to defame my character to check the details :confused:

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Sorry Kamiri. Typo.

"Check out this service bulletin" is not the same as "Here's a service bulletin Cobradav has posted . . ." If you can't tell the difference I guess you don't know what plagiarism means. The difference between plagiarism and citation is attribution.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Malibubimmer said:
Sorry Kamiri. Typo.

"Check out this service bulletin" is not the same as "Here's a service bulletin Cobradav has posted . . ." If you can't tell the difference I guess you don't know what plagiarism means. The difference between plagiarism and citation is attribution.
You're unbelievable. My intent was not to plagiarize Cobradav's post and I can't believe my comment has been construed to represent plagiarism.

Of course I don't think Cobradav's post included his source of information so my guess is that either he personally drafted the docuement, or it's been plagiarized from another source. However I find it hard to believe that BMWNA would put a smiley face in their TSB.

Regardless, Kamiri if you continue to have the problem, you might want to check your vehicle against the TSB Cobradav has posted from some unknown source. I had the same problem you are having and my TCU finally died. I spent a couple days messing with it only to discover it was a piece of equipment in the car that failed, not my phone. It was happenstance that I took my car in for it's 1200 mile service that this problem was called to my attention.

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Hey guys (and ladies), I post SIBs to help out all bimmerheads. And as I am a 6er owner I rarely stray away from my buds on the 6er board. If there was a true maintenance or service bulletin forum (or sub forum) I'd post there instead. However, as it is I post more pertinent info where you found this. If I help someone, fine and a brief thanks is equally appreciated, but not necessary. I see nothing but good in Chipster passing on the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
V3m works great

I just switched to Verizon and got the v3m phone. Setting up the bluetooth is a little tricky. Email me at [email protected] and I will try and walk you through it. I have a 330i 2006 delivered in May...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts