BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is going to sound REALLY strange, but I have a 2004 325XI and just recently got a RAZR and a RAZR car charger. When I try to use the car charger, it causes bad interference on the car radio! I know for sure it's the charger because as soon as I pull it out, the interference disappears. I already took it back to Verizon and exchanged it for a new one, and the same thing happens!

Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions?

By the way, I had an LG phone with a charger right before this with the same car and this never happened.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
lsedels said:
This is going to sound REALLY strange, but I have a 2004 325XI and just recently got a RAZR and a RAZR car charger. When I try to use the car charger, it causes bad interference on the car radio! I know for sure it's the charger because as soon as I pull it out, the interference disappears. I already took it back to Verizon and exchanged it for a new one, and the same thing happens!

Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions?

By the way, I had an LG phone with a charger right before this with the same car and this never happened.
Its either a badly designed charger or the phone puts out too much interference when on the charger. I have a Cingular 8125 and it is horrible for electrical noise. In my office I to keep it 10 ft from my cheap speakers or I have a buzz when it goes out to see if I have mail. In the car, if the phone is in the trunk, I get interference on AM.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on this. I returned the Verizon charger and purchased a Motorola charger. No problem with the Motorola.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.