BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 month old 3er and have enabled the RDS function in the radio, but only the station name is displayed. Not the song title. I know from another car (GM) that the radio station does pass on the song titles.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
My infiniti rotates through title station and artist.

·
Registered
15 Posts
gpi said:
I have a 2 month old 3er and have enabled the RDS function in the radio, but only the station name is displayed. Not the song title. I know from another car (GM) that the radio station does pass on the song titles.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
My new 330 does rotate station, artist & song on RDS.

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
It also depends on what the radio station transmits. The station my not transmit all of the info thus you only see what they are sending.

There are a couple of stations around here that only send their call letters.

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
It also depends on what the radio station transmits. The station my not transmit all of the info thus you only see what they are sending.

There are a couple of stations around here that only send their call letters.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The functionality of RDS depends both upon what the station agrees to encode, and the strength of the FM signal itself. The signal must be very strong for the RDS info to come through and be displayed. I get a couple of stations where the RDS is intermittent. It is characteristic of FM, that as long as the signal is above 'threshold,' which is about 10dB above background noise, as I vaguely recall from earlier schooling, sound reception is good. But the RDS signal is an additional one which rides piggyback on the primary sound channels, and it apparently requires much higher signal to noise ratios to be processed.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Greeney said:
My infiniti rotates through title station and artist.
well good for you, how you like your nissan morono...

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
Mine shows all info, even the upcomming song when the previous song is about to end. :thumbup:

I guess it depends on the station also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
armoredsaint said:
well good for you, how you like your nissan morono...
I ordered a 330 Jackass :thumbup: ohh and its Murano.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Greeney said:
I ordered a 330 Jackass :thumbup: ohh and its Murano.
i know, it was sarcasm dude.:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts