Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-delivery completed 2 hrs ago with no damages.

However, VPC apparently just blew my car off. It's still de-badged; however, both my plates were in the trunk along with my emergency vest and BW Switzerland map. :rofl:

Also apparently, the dealer repairs the scraped wheel and doesn't replace it, but you can't tell at all. My SA told me to just take it back anytime I scrape the wheel. ;) So we'll see about that.

Set up my BMW assist for a year starting today. Had to leave a credit card # on file, but no charges.

It now chirps when locking with the alarm with the clown nose blinking. Tested by pressing the panic button and it's not too annoying of a sound.

Got my carpeted mats plus clear plastic ones for the front, full-tank, and had to ask for key chains- got 2.

Total timeline:
May 16, 2005 ordered and placed $1K deposit
May 23 ED date confirmed
Mid-June official prices released along with new Sept. colors- switched color
End of Aug., rec'd Prod #
Oct. 5, car entered production (key tags generated) and completed on Oct. 11, 2005.
Oct. 15 paid for car
Nov. 12 departed SFO-ORD-MUC
Nov. 13 Arrived MUC
Nov. 14 Munich delivery
Nov. 21 drop-off Zurich
Jan. 5, 2006 car arrived PH
Jan. 10 car arrived at Concord BMW
Jan. 14 redelivery completed

Interesting, 3 months to the day from doing paperwork, 2 mths to the day from Munich delivery to re-delivery and 8 mths total from deposit to redelivery.

A couple of pictures as it's been raining.

Attachments

·
Bay Em Vay User
174 Posts
Awesome! I love that color. ;)

Glad there's no damage on the car. Yeah, I got the clear plastic mats too but only in the front. You'll get a coupon for $20 couple weeks later too to be applied to the service dept. I thought Mark Hugret was excellent and would recommend him.

Maybe the dealer can give you the 330xi name instead.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mdreviews said:
Awesome! I love that color. ;)

Glad there's no damage on the car. Yeah, I got the clear plastic mats too but only in the front. You'll get a coupon for $20 couple weeks later too to be applied to the service dept. I thought Mark Hugret was excellent and would recommend him.

Maybe the dealer can give you the 330xi name instead.
I got the coupon already for Xmas. I wonder if it's good for parts or just service? :dunno:

LOL I had to tell Ivette that the numbers were still missing. First thing that I noticed as I watched them back it into the showroom.

She finally saw them in the trunk on top of the toolbox where I left them. She asked me "so what number is suppose to be?" :rolleyes:

·
Bay Em Vay User
174 Posts
I had the same question too but haven't asked. I mean I have free maintenance. Why would I need to pay for maintenance unless it's an oil change that is not part of regular change.

Calif65GM said:
She finally saw them in the trunk on top of the toolbox where I left them. She asked me "so what number is suppose to be?" :rolleyes:
LOL!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mdreviews said:
I had the same question too but haven't asked. I mean I have free maintenance. Why would I need to pay for maintenance unless it's an oil change that is not part of regular change.
Yea that's what I was thinking too.

·
Laguna Seca Guy
466 Posts
Calif65GM said:
Re-delivery completed 2 hrs ago with no damages.
Congrats!:thumbup:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
Congratulations on redelivery.

The car looks great - I love that color.

Re the scraped wheel, how bad was the scrape originally?

Did you file a claim with Gerling?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jspira said:
Congratulations on redelivery.

The car looks great - I love that color.

Re the scraped wheel, how bad was the scrape originally?

Did you file a claim with Gerling?
Thanks, the scrapes were pretty bad- 2 of them actually.

I looked at it immediately as they backed the car into the showroom and just assumed that they replaced it. Then my SA came by and he told me "no they fixed it." I have no problems with it. It looks good as new. Although I have no idea how they can fix it. :dunno:

Yes I notified Gerling the same day that I damaged it. Herr Linsmeier said "it was minor and they'll take care of it."

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.

LOL went through the entire leather manual packet just now. Got the BMW Centers directory, Warranty, DVD, etc., but no manual...:(

Actually is there suppose to be something for the tire warranty? I didn't see anything.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
Calif65GM said:
Actually is there suppose to be something for the tire warranty? I didn't see anything.
I don't recall seeing anything either. I can look tomorrow.

Maybe they stopped including the tire pamphlet.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Calif65GM said:
Set up my BMW assist for a year starting today. Had to leave a credit card # on file, but no charges.

Can you confirm that BMW Assist starts on the day you pick it up in USA instead of your pick update in Munich? When I confirm my service the other day, the person at BMW Assist says the service will expire on my pick up date in Nov. :cry:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phantom701 said:
Can you confirm that BMW Assist starts on the day you pick it up in USA instead of your pick update in Munich? When I confirm my service the other day, the person at BMW Assist says the service will expire on my pick up date in Nov. :cry:
No clearly on my paperwork end a yr from today ie 1/13/07. The guy on the phone as we made the test call told me 1/13/07 also.

BTW when did you get your car re-delivered? I thought you picked-up and dropped off later than I did.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
phantom701 said:
Can you confirm that BMW Assist starts on the day you pick it up in USA instead of your pick update in Munich? When I confirm my service the other day, the person at BMW Assist says the service will expire on my pick up date in Nov.
BMW wants customers to get a full year of BMW Assist from the time the car lands in the States.

Look on your Assist paperwork at the expiration date.

Your salesperson should have entered the date so it expires one year after redelivery.

If this didn't happen, call BMW Assist and ask them to adjust. If they don't, ask for a supervisor. If that doesn't work, send me a PM.

European Delivery management at BMW NA is aware of what really is a miscommunication regarding the free one year (this goes for Sirius also).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Calif65GM, I actually dropped off the car on 11/18 and it got redelivered 1/7.

Jspira, thanks for the help and advice. I'll do as you suggest and PM as you the last resort :)

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
phantom701 said:
Calif65GM, I actually dropped off the car on 11/18 and it got redelivered 1/7.
Oh ok for some reason, I thought you picked-up on the 18th. 50-days (7 weeks) is a pretty fast trip for Cali.

·
ZHPper
2,124 Posts
Jspira said:
I don't recall seeing anything either. I can look tomorrow.

Maybe they stopped including the tire pamphlet.
My salesperson told me the "paperwork" was basically the tire warranty...which didn't do any good because Bridgestone wouldn't back up their junk tire which blew out a sidewall anyway.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Calif65GM, Jspira,

Thanks again for the help and advice. I called BMW Assist and after a few transfers, got the right person and fixed the expiration date.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
phantom701 said:
Calif65GM, Jspira,

Thanks again for the help and advice.
Welcome.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome, fellow Bay Area ED'r! I thought my 5 months was long. It must have been a painful wait. Glad it all worked out in the end. The wait is worth it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts