BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! A newbie question for you: my manual does not explain how to re-initialize the FTM (flat tire monitor) without i-drive. The manual only explains how to re-initialize the FTM using i-drive. I don't have i-drive, so that does me little good.

I called a guy at the dealership and he told me to press the FTM button. However, my car (325xiT) has no FTM button. Any clues you can give me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This should help:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks muchly!

Thanks! Very helpful! I wonder why I wasn't entitled to a manual with that information in it?!:dunno: Maybe if I had bought a 5 series......:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I picked up a '06 330i 6MT today (damn I'm having fun!). I wanted to read the owner's manual prior to getting it, so I logged onto the BMWUSA Owners Circle website and sent them an email requesting a pdf of my owner's manual. They sent it within hours, and I just took a screen cap of the page you needed.

·
your average JAMF
1,225 Posts
Silver Falcon said:
Thanks! Very helpful! I wonder why I wasn't entitled to a manual with that information in it?!:dunno: Maybe if I had bought a 5 series......:)
Uh.. that IS the manual in the screen shot above, Beavis.. either you just didn't see it there or yours is missing this.. though I'm pretty sure it's in the main book.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KevinC - who you callin Beavis?

KevinC: It's not polite or reasonable to tell me I didn't read my manual, then YOU don't have a copy of what I was given by the dealership. I did read the manual, sir, and there is no information whatsoever in my manual about using the stalk to re-set the FTM. Go lecture somebody else about how stupid they are - spare me.

·
your average JAMF
1,225 Posts
Silver Falcon said:
Go lecture somebody else about how stupid they are - spare me.
Apparently you missed.. or yours is missing this. No insult intended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem

My manual page has the same problem -- it just shows how to do the initalization via idrive. The page above should be very helpful.

·
Registered
379 Posts
KevinC: It's not polite or reasonable to tell me I didn't read my manual, then YOU don't have a copy of what I was given by the dealership. I did read the manual, sir, and there is no information whatsoever in my manual about using the stalk to re-set the FTM. Go lecture somebody else about how stupid they are - spare me.
Think nothing of it, most of KevinC's posts are of this nature, usually he uses a graphical insult. A borderline troll :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts