BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has got to be at least 5 references to Roadfly. Even the ubiquitous "leather vs. 'ette" made an appearance on Tech Talk. There was even a guy asking why his SMG II doesn't drive like an automatic. Duh.

All in all though, there was some pretty good articles this month...Especially loved the traditional BMW design cues article with Bangle's smug face on the front. There's a pretty hot shot of the Z9 in there too, I DO hope the M6 come out looking exactly like the Z9 sans the gullwings and suicide doors. Haven't had a chance to read through the restoration articles yet though.

Man, there was even someone in the letter's section thanking Jon Shafer for another great Bimmerfest. What is up with that? :thumbup:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
.org has its moments . . .

It seems like once every day or two days on .org Z3 board that someone is asking if that 'Tornado' thing on Speedvision Infomercials really works :tsk:

Hey HACK, did they print your letter as you submitted it, or did they do some editing?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: .org has its moments . . .

scottn2retro said:
It seems like once every day or two days on .org Z3 board that someone is asking if that 'Tornado' thing on Speedvision Infomercials really works :tsk:

Hey HACK, did they print your letter as you submitted it, or did they do some editing?
Exactly as I wrote it man...I don't think they edit the letters. :)

I swear, next time I see someone asking about those stupid Tornado thingys I'm just going to say "yeah, I have it on my car and I've been outrunning Porsche 911 Turbos for the last few month in my 323Ci." If they're stupid enough to believe everything they see on T.V. they deserve to lose that money.

That is the biggest crock of pseudo-science crap I've seen in ages...Not since they were trying to peddle that P.O.S. under a different name.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
believe it or not . . .

when someone on .org ask about that thing, sometimes there's a response something to the effect "I bought it, but didn't notice anything" :)

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
I stopped posting on the org long ago and haven't looked back. the lame posts and social club atmosphere really detract from it.

where org really screwed up is that it actually has a wealth of information but since the search function blows, there no way to get it efficiently. the board software is pretty lame as well but I gess it runs on linux and the admins are ademant about using free software.

I only recently found one of the best BBSs I've seen. miata.net is well run (social club style posts are discouraged) and its crown jewel is its outstanding and easily searchable database of previous posts.

there's even a wealth of info on e46fanatics but nobody will ever find it because it's more of a social club much like the org if not more so - IMHO anyway. same questions over and over plus polls by people who can't make up their own minds on which mod to get (they just know that spending money on mods is top priority).

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
31st330i said:
... by people who can't make up their own minds on which mod to get (they just know that spending money on mods is top priority).
There was a question there the other day asking if "mod on a credit card is a good idea."
Answering that idiot was bad enough... a lot of people actually said yes.
(Oops... was in on this board? Can't remember). :lmao:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
31st330i said:
there's even a wealth of info on e46fanatics but nobody will ever find it because it's more of a social club much like the org if not more so - IMHO anyway. same questions over and over plus polls by people who can't make up their own minds on which mod to get (they just know that spending money on mods is top priority).
Fanatics is a good place to find all those sports suspension wheels. It seems wheels are the first thing that gets modified.

Also, I like their "how to" articles.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alan F said:
yeah Hack, it sure was like reading the org . . .your annoying letter was in it :flipoff: :flipoff:

J U S T K I D D I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I wish there's an A S S emoticon here...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alan F said:

I was just teasing you buddy !!!!

. . . you gotta admit it was a good one !!!!
No, really...I wish there's an A S S emoticon in here. :thumbup:

I know you're funning man.

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
The HACK said:

No, really...I wish there's an A S S emoticon in here. :thumbup:

I know you're funning man.
ok, I just re-read your reply and realized it said 'emoticon' for some reason when I replied I thought it said 'emotion'

Anyway, what is a emoticon ? Is the smiles that you are referring to ? ? ?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alan F said:

ok, I just re-read your reply and realized it said 'emoticon' for some reason when I replied I thought it said 'emotion'

Anyway, what is a emoticon ? Is the smiles that you are referring to ? ? ?
You've never heard the smileys called emoticons?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.