BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere between transporting my vehicle from the VPC to the dealer a scratch happened on my 330i. How annoying- now I'm going to have to wait til early next week to go pick it up. Are these truckers that damn careless?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
good CDL drivers..

Did you see, a couple of weeks ago, when a BMW carrier came separated from the truck on the Cross Bronx Expressway????

I saw I shot on TV from Fox5 helicopter......glad my car wasn't on there:D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Webguy,

I rememebr when you had your 330i verey early on, you showed pictures of a scratch that a careless biker (?drunk) made on the side of your car with his bicycle. You were in a coffee shop with your girlfriend and saw the whole thing happen. I never read up on how that resolved. Got any picks of the scratch?

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
RChoudry said:
Webguy,

I rememebr when you had your 330i verey early on, you showed pictures of a scratch that a careless biker (?drunk) made on the side of your car with his bicycle. You were in a coffee shop with your girlfriend and saw the whole thing happen. I never read up on how that resolved. Got any picks of the scratch?
Curses you had to bring that back up. :D No I never even got it fixed, I buffed it out a few times but it's still there. The sheet metal is actually creased so it's going to take a lot of work to get it out, if it's even possible. I used Meguiar's Scratch-X to tone it down, but it's still there, everytime I get into the car I see it. :(

to:

And here you can easily see the crease (this was taken before the scratch-x):

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for your concern though. My baby was only 7 days old when this travesty occurred.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Re: good CDL drivers..

DougDogs said:
Did you see, a couple of weeks ago, when a BMW carrier came separated from the truck on the Cross Bronx Expressway????

I saw I shot on TV from Fox5 helicopter......glad my car wasn't on there:D
That's nuts! Any photos or anything?

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
johnlew said:

So, why are you waiting until lease end to fix it?
I guess I'm hoping something else will happen which will warrant an insurance claim. :D

No but seriously, the next time I drive to Florida to see the 'rents my dad's going to get the dent wizard on it. He can get it done as a favor so I won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Re: Re: good CDL drivers..

webguy330i said:

That's nuts! Any photos or anything?
I'll look through Fox's web site, but I doubt they archive stuff from their helecopter:thumbdwn:

The incident tyed up traffic for hours, trailer came to rest on the center divider. (although, it does not take much to screw up the cross bronx!!)

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
I hate when shit like that happens . . . I wouldn't stress over it though . . .

When my father picked up his Audi Allroad he not only had a scratched windsheild but both doors on the drivers side were scratched on a low portion

The dealer replaced the windsheild and repainted the lower portion of the doors and the car looks as good as new. The wierd thing is I am extremely good at telling if a car had paint work and I really couldn't tell at all on this car. I think they have a new type of blending system for scratches . . .

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Scratches abd dents

I hardly had my '97 a month when I backed in to my old Porsche in the driveway at night which left a slight dent, some paint removed and movced the bumper shock about 1/4". Like Webguy I touched up the bumper thinking sooner or later a willl get rear ended and an insurance Co. will fix it. Never happened so car was turned in for my new one with the slight dent. Appraiser never saw it. Hey Webguy, if you get over on the east coast central Fla. give a holler. I will demontrate the Nav system and PDC if you don't have same and buy a lunch. Can't beat that. Us Bimmerphiles gotta stick ro-gether

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Re: Scratches abd dents

rwebbe said:
I hardly had my '97 a month when I backed in to my old Porsche in the driveway at night which left a slight dent, some paint removed and movced the bumper shock about 1/4". Like Webguy I touched up the bumper thinking sooner or later a willl get rear ended and an insurance Co. will fix it. Never happened so car was turned in for my new one with the slight dent. Appraiser never saw it. Hey Webguy, if you get over on the east coast central Fla. give a holler. I will demontrate the Nav system and PDC if you don't have same and buy a lunch. Can't beat that. Us Bimmerphiles gotta stick ro-gether
Haha, well I'll be down there for the 4th of July -- maybe I'll shoot ya an email! :)

tam3 and I should be high-rollin' in the M3 by then... :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.