BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just saw MY 2007 3 Series Sedan and Sports Wagon Product Enhancements and Pricing Link

It say's Navigation w/ iDrive & RTTI* $2,100. Do you think 2006 iDrive will be able to upgrade to this ??

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts
I don´t think so since it requires the ability to receive the trafic info might not be in existing unit. I am trying to find out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
RTTI and satellite radio option

Jspira said:
I don´t think so since it requires the ability to receive the trafic info might not be in existing unit. I am trying to find out.
Is it true that RTTI and satellite radio option cannot be ordered together? This is frustrating as you don't have the option to order the idrive-Nav without RTTI if you really prefer the sat radio option...so, you're paying $100 for nothing.

Would an aftermarket Sat radio still work? Commercial radio gives me a headache and I can't listen to my IPOD 100% of the time!:confused:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts
jakeramovitch said:
Is it true that RTTI and satellite radio option cannot be ordered together?
no

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts
Here´s the official word on the upgrade: not upgradeable.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts

·
Le fabuleux destin
568 Posts
Jspira said:
So this is the system that uses Fm band type radio frequencies to tell cars what traffic is about...correct? Different from the XM system used by Acura...right?

Are there other manufacturers introducing this? Is it new to the US?

Sorry about all the questions, stuck in traffic way too much. (15 months of lease done...21 months until can get RTTI in new 335 :)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts
Blax said:
So this is the system that uses Fm band type radio frequencies to tell cars what traffic is about...correct? Different from the XM system used by Acura...right?
ja

Blax said:
Are there other manufacturers introducing this? Is it new to the US?
not sure, sorry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Jspira said:
Here***180;s the official word on the upgrade: not upgradeable.
Very odd....

Is the mechanism to do RTTI that difficult a component to replace on existing 2006 E90s? Also, if RTTI is sent via FM, the physical hardware appears to be in place. If it's rewiring a couple of wires and a software update to the NAV system, it would be odd to make this not upgradeable.

Is BMW also worried about having to charge a subscription fee?

:cry: :bawling:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bummer. I was really hoping to be able to upgrade. My driver in Europe had RTT and it worked phenomenally!

Jspira said:
Here´s the official word on the upgrade: not upgradeable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts