BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pick my 06 530 xit on june 7th. i drop it off in florence (actually in the burbs) on june 23rd. when can i realisticallye expect to see it? my courtesy drop dealership is delon bmw in salem oregon. bear in mind bmw says to add 5 days for italy dropoff.
i am not looking for an exact date, a range would be fine. beewang r u out there?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
My last car took 7 weeks to SoCal with a Munich dropoff...that was last year. I would say 8 weeks if nothing unusual happens. Which port does BMW use for the Northwest?

By the way Wagonman...you should consider adding a "Signature" line with your car details. It'll save you from having to describe your model/details when you post. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
wagonman said:
i pick my 06 530 xit on june 7th. i drop it off in florence (actually in the burbs) on june 23rd. when can i realisticallye expect to see it? my courtesy drop dealership is delon bmw in salem oregon. bear in mind bmw says to add 5 days for italy dropoff.
i am not looking for an exact date, a range would be fine. beewang r u out there?
Wagonman, you will see your car the week after Labor Day in Salem.

My suggestion, take some good pictures to help you savor the memory. And keep yourself busy w/ other things in life.

Have a great trip!!

cheers,

beewang ;)

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
I just got mine back two weeks ago...it took about six weeks. I dropped off in Frankfurt and it had to wait for the 2nd boat leaving Germany and then car made a quick trip...but took 10 days from arriving at port until my dealer notified me they had the car and the dealer is only 30 minute drive from the port. There was no damage or special work done at VPC.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
4 to 6 weeks East Coast
6 to 8 weeks West Coast
cheers
vern

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think Bee is a little pessimistic -I'd expect 8 weeks if no damage. All west coast cars go through Port Hueneme and the Oxnard VDC.

·
Registered
302 Posts
BillKach said:
I think Bee is a little pessimistic -I'd expect 8 weeks if no damage. All west coast cars go through Port Hueneme and the Oxnard VDC.
I'm hoping that's pessimistic as well... I'm planning on a 7/5 dropoff in Paris, am hoping to get my car by the time school starts just after Labor day. Actually, maybe my daughter is hoping for that more than I am, since she get my current car when I get my new one...

E.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damage

BillKach said:
when you guys talk about damage, are you refering to damage i might cause, or damage that occurs in shipping/transit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts