BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping for the M steering wheel. The 5-Series got it for MY 2002. Xenons should be std. across the line for what MSRP is. Some new wheels for the SP on the 330 would have been nice or what about some new wheels for the 325Ci SP?

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Sean said:
I was hoping for the M steering wheel. The 5-Series got it for MY 2002. Xenons should be std. across the line for what MSRP is. Some new wheels for the SP on the 330 would have been nice or what about some new wheels for the 325Ci SP?
Ok, fix all the things I mentioned and the ones you metioned..wow what a car it would be... am I dreaming?

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Sean, did you see this I Posted a few days ago.. I emailed BMWNA asking a few questions about folding seats and alum trim, etc... I figured I would give it a try and prayed I would not get a rebot response. This is what they sent me after I ask about 03 changes on the Ci::

I am with BMW of North America, LLC. We appreciate hearing you're interested in the new plans for changes in the seats and options for 2003.
The new 2003 line promises to be one of our most exciting offerings to date. Sorry to say, our plans for the model are not as yet finalized. We thank you for your patience at this time.
I hope you'll stay in close touch with your authorized BMW sales representative and our website at www.bmwusa.com for the latest model updates.
P.S. You're also always welcome to call us at 1-800-831-1117.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I'm glad I have an 02. That 3rd passenger headrest would drive me absolutely bonkers. :yikes:

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new 2003 line promises to be one of our most exciting offerings to date. Sorry to say, our plans for the model are not as yet finalized.
That was wishful think. I think BMW NA is being a little cocky about the competition. It's sort of like they're thumbing their noses up at them or better yet, doing this. :flipoff:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
JPinTO said:

You can usually remove them. The third in our ML320 popped out easily. VW's come out also. It would be amazing if BMW's couldn't be removed.
I would hope so, that third one must be a pain in the a** to see over. I never noticed my rear headrests were so big until tonight when I actually really checked them out. I kept trying to imagine how bad my rear vision would be if I had a third one back there. I don't think it would be any better on the sedan than it would be on my coupe.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I once tested an '01 Passat that had the third headrest. And it was annoying.

The third headrest is basically harmless since it's removable, but I still think it's a pretty ridiculous "improvement." Only a really tiny person (e.g., a child) is going to be able to ride comfortably in the rear middle seat, so why pretend that some big person regularly rides back there and needs to rest his head?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Sometimes, I'll purposely leave the rear armrest down to get the headrest out of the way. But even when I don't, I've noticed that its not even that intrusive. :dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.