BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I'm not clear on...

Let's say my iPod is connected to my M Coupe's Business CD headunit via the IceLink...

Can I use the iPod's controls to change song/playlist/etc? Or do I have to use the CD select buttons on the headunit as described on Dension's site?

In other words, does the IceLink make the iPod's controls inoperable?

Thanks for any clarification...

·
Registered
25 Posts
No..

The Ice-link has a custom interface. This allows you to use the 1-5 buttons to pick the first 5 playlists on the Ipod. The 6 button takes you into the Dension custom menu.

The custom menu has limitations. After using it for a bit, I decided to turn this off. From inside that menu, there is an option labeled, "Access Ipod UI"

You pick that, then unplug the device and plug it back in. Then your Ipod standard menu works just fine. You can also still change songs with the up/down buttons on the wheel and radio. Those are teh only functions that will work then. It's like an Aux button on roids..

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm...ok, do you have to do that every time you plug the iPod in? Or will it remember that last time you were using the standard iPod UI and default back to it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ben Carufel said:
Hm...ok, do you have to do that every time you plug the iPod in? Or will it remember that last time you were using the standard iPod UI and default back to it?
It remembers that the last time you plugged the iPod in you controlled it via the iPod controls and not ice link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts