BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be a new BMW owner. I know these cars are reliable as long as you do the maintenance.

I'm looking at a 03 330xi with 56k miles on it. Their asking $13,500. I was going to offer $10-11k. Is that fair?

If I pick up this car, what maintenance would need to be done from the get go with 56k miles on it?

Thanks!

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
Why do you want/need AWD in Miami ?????????????

It only adds to the weight/complexity/cost of maintainance, etc., and reduces the Fun Factor.

Just get a RWD, manual trans car and you will be VERY happy....

(Read the E46 Wiki)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you want/need AWD in Miami ?????????????

It only adds to the weight/complexity/cost of maintainance, etc., and reduces the Fun Factor.

Just get a RWD, manual trans car and you will be VERY happy....

(Read the E46 Wiki)
lol...I am in Michigan for school right now so I thought it would be a wise idea for the snow.

Whats fair in your opinion for a 03 330xi with 56k miles?

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Whats fair in your opinion for a 03 330xi with 56k miles?
No where near $13,500. The owners are on crack. I am sure they are thinking with such low mileage it commands a higher price, but that is crap. An 03 is almost 10 years old, who cares about mileage?

It is worth about $95000-$10,000 at MOST. Find sellers who aren't greedy bastards.

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
Agreed....that asking price is about $3500 too high. Also, in most sloppy conditions, a RWD stick E46 with good dedicated snow tires all around will outperform an Xi with all-season tires....a *lot* depends on the boots your car is wearing.

· Registered
5,537 Posts
Right before I bought the wife a 5 series last week I found a bunch of 03 etc xi's in the $6000 or so range. Keep looking, theres something better price wise out there for sure.

Heck I found a zhp for $5000 at one point.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No where near $13,500. The owners are on crack. I am sure they are thinking with such low mileage it commands a higher price, but that is crap. An 03 is almost 10 years old, who cares about mileage?

It is worth about $95000-$10,000 at MOST. Find sellers who aren't greedy bastards.
ok, good to no. Here is the car: http://www.suburbaninfinitioftroy.co...5517e67a52.htm

it is from a dealer. I'll just offer them and see what they say. I have cash in hand so hopefully they'll bite a bit more.

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.