BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 1998 Z3M is up at Carma Motorsports in north Atlanta...Alex has taken it to an alignment shop nearby who says the both the front and rear alignment is out by over an inch. How do rear wheels go out of alignment when there is no adjustment? He says they recommend new tie rods for the front, and new control arms for the rear, I shudder to think how much it will cost. This car has only 10,000 miles on it, it's been nothing but a money pit. Should I part it out, fix it, or try to sell it?

What a nightmare:yikes:

· M Mad
10,530 Posts
Why new tie rods in the front? Only reason to replace them would be loose ball joints.

And out by an inch? Inch of what? Measured where? And inch of toe would kill your tires in a few miles. Inch of camber may be no big deal.

Find someone else.

· Registered
98 Posts
Those guys should know Bmws and how much camber should be on the rear. They should have suggested an adjustable rear crossmember . no way to tell if control arms ar bent without putting them on . Did they do an alignment check or just look at it? I have an adjustable crossmember that I am just jigging up. let me know what they say your specs are .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.