BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i hope you guys know what i'm talking about, but i'm about to put a quad exhaust kit on my 99 540i, but i need to find that valance piece that goes under the bumper for at most 130. i saw one sell on ebay once for like 90 bucks but i didnt have the money at the time, i wish i could of gotten that pice but the dealship is asking for like 350 which is bs. anyway if anyone can help me, please let me know i am very interested.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
just trying to verify what you are asking. u want an m5 type rear bumper for that quad exhaust? What brand quad exhaust are you getting?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't even know honestly, i was thinking either magnaflow or dyno, the guy was showing me these exhaust he had on a 05 GTO and my god it sounded amazing, quite on a cruise but once you touch that gas you hear this amazing luxirious roar. i dont want the whole rear bumper, i got the m-tec bumper but only a single exhaust valance, where can i get the piece for the dual exhaust? (the piece that u can take off and attach a new one)

·
ZOMGHI2U
225 Posts
Pelicanparts.com has it for $72.

If I'm right you're looking for part # 51-12-2-693-662

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
that's the same part # i have on record from when i was considering dual. obviously, the problem is there is not true dual exhaust for the 540. That's not exactly true.. Hamman does make one that is $3,000.00. It sits low enough to clear the spare tire well and uses DTM tips to raise up and look normal at the tips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
lol, i am planning to cut my valance myself, I too have single cut out on my M-tech. rear bumper. I am going to use flowtech crossflow muffler to make it look like quads.
any thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope when you cut out the valance yourself it comes out clean. I don't think you want your BMW looking like it was hacked:bawling: . That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well, if i mess it up, then i will just buy a new M5 valance...I hope i will not mess it up though, i will post some pics when i am done, i just got the parts so far: two dual tips and the flowtech crossflow muffler. i banged up the spare tire well so that i can fit a pipe on the passanger side.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RiDE said:
Pelicanparts.com has it for $72.

If I'm right you're looking for part # 51-12-2-693-662

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
cool stuff man, thanks alot i appreciate it, cheap too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts