BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two week flourish of fixing as many things on my 525 as I can is coming to a close. Front sway bar has been replaced along with the end links and lower control arms. Business cd swapped for a post 9/02 unit and aux input installed. Headlamps refinished (still on the fence about clearing them with 2k). New fog light assemblies and auxiliary fan ordered. Front window auto-up function sorted. I've been reading Fudmans thread about mounting an 8" powered sub in the rear center armrest space. The unit he used is discontinued as are the couple other similar installs I've seen. I'm really liking the concept for its simplicity and space savings. Does anyone have experience with some of the newer under seat subs on the market? I looked at a local audio shop that carries the Memphis 8" and the Kicker 8". Both come pretty well recommended as far as cust reviews I've read on the net. Both pricey, though. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hi,

If you'd like just a little bit of lower end response then choose any of the current choices that fit in that little area. You'll not be getting excellent quality sub bass though, just a 'lower end better response' really. If this kind of level of bass is what you'd like then no worries. If now, or later you'd want better performance and proper sub bass, then this type of solution won't provide that.

Once you go for one of these, post up an update here to what you think of it !

Cheers, Dennis!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts