BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
afastm4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my worst fears happened to me today. Grabbed some lunch, came back and saw I was rear ended in the parking lot. No cameras and witnesses so I'm screwed. The damage was done good so I will need the whole rear bumper replaced. Any idea on how much it will cost for a new rear bumper?

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
$650 discounted + labor + paint

One of my worst fears happened to me today. Grabbed some lunch, came back and saw I was rear ended in the parking lot. No cameras and witnesses so I'm screwed. The damage was done good so I will need the whole rear bumper replaced. Any idea on how much it will cost for a new rear bumper?

·
afastm4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks as of now it looks like this body shop looking at it based on the pics I sent said that I might just need a paint job. Will definitely need new tail lights. Will have an update. Here's pics

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466981917.379890.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466981930.769323.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466981947.142546.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466981962.071161.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466981981.861114.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466981992.105874.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not a body shop expert but I'm a perfectionist and I'd hate to have that rear bumper, sanded, and blended. I'd personally buy a whole new rear clip, should save you labor since they don't have to strip and sand all the paint off. This is assuming they're repainting the whole rear bumper and not just "blending" it into the rest of the body of course.

Sucks there are no witnesses.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bumper. I'd be pissed if that happened to my vehicle. Karma is a beeoooch...I'm sure one day they will get theirs...

·
afastm4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we win some, we lose some. Got the whole bumper repainted and new tail light. Tail light cost me a grip $300 but the job on the bumper was outstanding.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1467257688.582222.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1467257701.092116.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Damn sorry to hear. I got rear ended about a yr ago after having the car like 6 months. Was so pissed off. Glad you got it repaired. Just take a good look at the color in the sun and dark to look for color matches well

·
Registered
25 Posts
sorry to hear that bro… you can't keep your own car nice bc other people don't care .. but its a minor damage. I'm out here in NJ, i own 2 auto body shops and both are BMW certified repair facilities. From looking at the pics it looks to me that the bumper is repairable . which is good bc you want to keep that equipment original on the car plus since its plastic bumper people can not read the paint thickness with that in mind i would go to a certified BMW repair facility and make sure they use BMW paint, Standox is the paint company that produces the paint for BMW in Germany. The color is a white metallic tri coat (3 STAGE PAINT) 1. Base coat 2. Pearl coat 3. Clear coat. make sure you ask these question when bringing it to get fixed. Good luck with that and if you need any other help let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts