BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had it for 10 weeks and the MY09 X3 fits nicely in the garage. I am a bit loathe to park it too far into the garage for fear of bumping something, my bad have technology to avoid that. Still a bit kid gloves. Opened the rear door and BANG straight into the garage door. Sounded like the garage door was knocked of it's rollers. I dreaded looking.

Only a small nick actually under the car door, better than it sounded.

So even though I could easily walk around the vehicle, it still wasn't enough room to swing open the back door. Pity there isn't a sensor for stupid I'd gladly pay retail for that, I guess it could have been much worse.

Moral of the story: If in any sort of confined space, check the arc of the back door before happily swinging it open, it will save a good deal of heartache and angst....

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Anti-Hack
5,114 Posts
Isn't it SOP to look to make sure you don't open a door into anything, for any door, regardless of what it is attached to?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is. But I'd opened the door 10-20 times before in what I assumed to be the same position and thought nothing of it. This time I clearly wasn't as far in to the garage as I thought although there wasn't much in it.

Look, my bad, I feel like a dick and had kniptions when I heard the bang especially when it was my new, to me, baby. Just 'cause it worked before doesn't mean you shouldn't check every time, ie. don't assume.......

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts