BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience in removing either the door panel or (hopefully) just the speaker grill in the back door of an X3?

I have an annoying vibration coming from the speaker at certain frequencies... the service dept. failed to resolve it even after replacing the speaker.

The speaker grill looks like it may pry / snap off - but am hesitant to start prying.

·
Turn it up!!!
145 Posts
take off the entire door panel

I replaced my front door speakers, I expect the rear is the same. the entire door panel must come off, then you can get to your speakers. If you are looking to replace, you'll need a shallow depth speaker. I used Pyle PLS for the front and have a great sound now.

Best of luck, the panels are easy to remove.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mguhler said:
Best of luck, the panels are easy to remove.
Cool. Any special tools required?

I'm assuming the arm rest is attached with screws... is the rest of the panel attached with those plastic "friction" plugs?

Thanks.

·
Turn it up!!!
145 Posts
patience

just a screwdriver, cloth and patience.

There are screws holding the panel on in the arm rest, behind the trim and might be another behind the cap of the inside door lever. Should be 4 or 5 in total. Once screws are undone, carefully pop a few of the plastic clips and work your way around one side of the door, then the other. Should be straight forward once you start.

Take your time so you don't do something you regret.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts