BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rear-end by a semi-truck while making a right turn. My car spun out of control about 3-4 cycles and finally came to a stop. The driver and passenger side air bags deployed. My car slammed into another car causing damage to the driver side door. There is extensive damage to the rear of my car. Do you think it's fixable of totaled?

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Usually when an air-bag goes off, the insurance Company wants to write it off!
They seem to be able to get replacement cars or pay-out insured value easily.
If it is proved that it is not your fault, you may be able to present an argument for repair.
Good luck! Bad luck does happen!
RegardZ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks,

He admitted fault to me and the policeman and there were witnesses. He hit me from behind and did not slow down

My car was paid off and had less than 58,000 miles, but I'm weary of repairs at a non-BMW shop

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hard to say with only one photo, but I'd guess totaled. That's a lot of damage and a semi probably bent anything that could be called a frame. Your car also hit other cars so there must be more damage than in the photo. Air bags also deployed. If it were mine, I'd want it totaled. At least it doesn't sound like you have medical bills. Forget the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, it was horrifying

a lot of pain and massive bruising, ER x-rays did not indicate broken bones, I will see my PCM next week

My Pomeranian was in the back seat so I very happy she did not have extensive injuries

1 - 6 of 6 Posts