BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My e90 was rear-ended this morning when it was stopped at the lights. :mad: I don't see any outward visible damage like dent or scratch. (I am impressed!). Though, I haven't done a fine inspection using a microscope. :p

Do you guys think I should still take it to a BMW serive center and have it checked for internal damage? Anything else I need to check?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

It depends how hard you were hit, but regardless, it is best to get it checked. The rear bumper will flex back nicely, but there could be structural damage beneath the surface. On my other car there is an impact absorber under the bumper. Try and get beneath the truck liner to look, and check the exhaust too.

I got rear ended in my Subaru just before Christmas. The thing is solid as a rock. The person that hit me, lost her headlights and radiator. Somehow I got away with minor cosmetic damage only - even the shock absorber was intact. I still had it seen by the dealer just in case. She hit me hard - 15-20mph at a guess.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you every one for the input.

Chuck, my car doesn't have the PDC option. But I am assuming that or some other sensor may still have got damaged?

Gripster, It was my wife who was drving at that time. I am guessing the other person must have hit at about 20 mph.

So, the first thing that I need to do even before going to the BMW center is to let the other person's insurance company know that I will be taking the car to a bmw center? Or, do I do that afterwards?

Also, does any one know if the service centers charge a fee to even inspect for potential damages?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.