BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys! My E90 got rear-ended today. :( I don't have pics to show right now, unfortunately, but I'm seeing the insurance adjustor on Monday and I'd really appreciate some advice. This is the damage as far as I could see:

1. The rear bumper is badly damaged, but it is still firmly stuck on and more or less in one piece.

2. The trunklid is now misaligned; it is "too high" instead of being flushed with the side panels.

3. When I open the trunk, you know how there is that lid you open up to access that space that used to hold the donut tire (but now doesn't because the E90 doesn't get a spare), well, that lid cannot be opened. It's quite badly stuck which leads me to think that the back end of the car has buckled a bit - consistent with point 2 above as well.

4. The exhaust tips are now at 45 degree angles with each other rather than parallel.

5. I really couldn't see if there is any damage on the undercarriage, struts, etc.

I'm wondering if you guys think this is serious damage? Do you think there may be serious damage to the subframe? Also, what should I point out, etc, when I see the adjustor? Is there anything at all I should further investigate as well?

I'm really hoping to get my baby back to the way she is soon. Thanks so much in advance and I do so hope all your summers are going better than mine! :cry:

cheers,
suntan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds pretty bad...

I don't know when you got your car but with my insurance any damage over 25% of the value in the first year entitles me to the option of getting the full value of a new one.

Also...both times I have been rear ended I did not have any injuries but the insurance company offered me $2,500 the first time and 5,000 the second to sign off that I would not come back and sue them for more medical costs at a later date. Just something to know.

·
Registered
275 Posts
DJjeff1080 said:
Sounds pretty bad...

I don't know when you got your car but with my insurance any damage over 25% of the value in the first year entitles me to the option of getting the full value of a new one.

Also...both times I have been rear ended I did not have any injuries but the insurance company offered me $2,500 the first time and 5,000 the second to sign off that I would not come back and sue them for more medical costs at a later date. Just something to know.
What company do you have?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I meant to include that in my first post...I have USAA. I am lucky to have my dad in the military.

I believe that one of the major companies has this as well...state farm maybe?

·
---------
460 Posts
DJjeff1080 said:
Sounds pretty bad...

I wonder if Geico has any of that... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts