Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new rear entertainment remote for my 2012 F02 (65129231373) and can not figure out how to get it to work. The local dealership I got it from said it should just work with no programming. I called another dealership and they think it needs programmed but don't know how to do it. I have a copy of ISTA if I need to use it to program, just need some instructions if that is what need to be done. Anybody have a clue?

·
Registered
359 Posts
In 2012, F02 went from CIC to NBT navigation so from CIC RSE to NBT RSE.
CIC RSE remote is paired with CAS and ISTA must be used for that, there is a specific job in ISTA for this under "Service Functions>Body".
NBT RSE remote is a KLEER remote which pairs directly with RSE unit and there is a menu in NBT for pairing new devices like remotes or headsets using kleer 2.4GHz protocol.

RSE remotes are identical on the outside for both systems but they are not compatible from one system to another. Looking at the label under the battery cover you can tell if a remote is old CIC version or newer NBT (kleer) version. On the label you can find the remote operating frequency, old CIC remote uses 434/315/868 MHz (region dependant), new NBT remote uses 2.4GHz only.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the old CIC as it is 315mhz. Will see if I can program it under the Service Functions>Body

1 - 3 of 3 Posts