BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, for those of you who have the rear entertainment system without premium sound i.e the in dash CD changer, can you operate it from the front i-drive to play CDs throughout all the cars' speakers, or is it only controlled from the rear i-drive and to be heard only via the ear phones. Also if you have the premium sound as well does this mean you can have 12 CDs/MP3s-6DVDs whichever way you like to count them, to play excluding the in dash??
Cheers

·
Registered
433 Posts
abolad said:
Hi guys, for those of you who have the rear entertainment system without premium sound i.e the in dash CD changer, can you operate it from the front i-drive to play CDs throughout all the cars' speakers, or is it only controlled from the rear i-drive and to be heard only via the ear phones. Also if you have the premium sound as well does this mean you can have 12 CDs/MP3s-6DVDs whichever way you like to count them, to play excluding the in dash??
Cheers
If your question is, can you operate the trunk mounted DVD player, for the rear entertainment system, through the front iDrive controller/display, the answer is yes, but with limited functions as opposed to the rear controller/display. The audio portion of the trunk mounted DVD player can be assigned to the speakers, as opposed to the earphones, however, this function can only be controlled by the rear iDrive/Display.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.