BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 X3 with the dealer installed rear entertainment system. Just wondering if anyone has comments on the following:

1) I lose sound in my headphones after an hour or so of usage; restored only by turning ignition on and off. Anyone else have this issue?

2) I'm told by the dealer that there is potential for wiring to hook up sound to the main audio but this is not yet available. Anyone else look into this?

Thanks,

·
Don't worry, be happy
11,616 Posts
I can speak to your point #2, as I took care of this issue yesterday on my wife's X5 (we have the SAVV headrest monitor setup). I had a simple RF modulator installed with a switch that is mounted stealth below the steering column area. Part was $40 bucks and labor was $40 bucks.

Now when the girls watch a DVD in the back, we can all listen to it. This will be helpful on a long trip, which will be doing next week, especially since our 16 month old can't wear headphones. We bought some music DVD's to all enjoy.

Completely unrelated, we have used the rear entertainment system only 3 times over the last year.

Just go to a local auto stereo shop and they can knock this out for you very easily. Sound quality is not an issue either, unless you are an audiophile.

·
the dood that likes bass
55 Posts
you could probably combine it with the aux input adaptor to get "audiophile". or if you want to get all crazy with it, you could go icelink with built in aux.

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts

·
the dood that likes bass
55 Posts
tom - BTW - what is the latest software / rom version for the IceLinkPlus?

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts