Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have the passenger side rear fog light not working. I checked bulb holder with meter all good. I think the metal grid is shot as it has rust marks and not making connection to bulb. Has anyone converted back to wired build holder, and if you did can you please send me instruction on how you did it?

Thanks
Keith

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,798 Posts
You are only supposed to have ONE rear fog light.....

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Agree with Ard. Some models have both, some just a single light on driver's side.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,
THe hard brake light seems fine, it's the LED bars not lighting across the inner passenger side lens. Is there a fix or replace?
Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
That happened to me and I ordered a new tail light assem. off of Ebay. Plugged it in and it works. Make sure and get one with the self-adhesive gasket included. Good videos on YouTube on how to change.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I think that will end up being the road to take. It seems LEDs just died, and no way to repair.

Thanks again , EBay is next stop

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,798 Posts
I feel lost.....

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,477 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI Ard,
Sorry you where right one buld in the inner panel. Th grid that is metal had some corrosion so I cleaned up , the LEDs lines that run across inner panel longer light up. From what I understand no fix, easier to replace panel.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
so it's not fog lights then, right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was break force light that needed corrosion cleaning, the LEDs inner tail light are crapped out. I apologize it wasn't rear fog light

:)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,798 Posts
now I am no longer lost.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts