BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear fog lights on US cars can be enabled simply by installing the euro light switch. I did this today on my 330i

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Part #?
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
part # 61 31 6 932 796
not in US inventory but my local dealer had no trouble ordering it. took a couple of weeks. better order soon before BMWNA figures out what people are doing!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice- How much is it?

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Will do.
How hard was it to install? I swapped the switch on an E46 once, no big deal, but I imagine the E90 is more difficult...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cost about $75

takes about 10 minutes to install....maybe a little longer if you're extra cautious pulling trim pieces for the first time.

the trim above the switch needs to be pulled first because it overlaps the light switch trim. it's really easy to do.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Thanks! Any pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh man you are HERO of the day! :bow: :bow: now did you have to add a bulb or anything? or is it using one of the dynamic brake lights? It's amazing how simple that is yet they make other things incredbily difficult to mod. Now to get our front corner lights to only blink and not be lit when we have the "P" switched or main beam switched on.

Yes pics please

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Hmm........is this something that can be applied to other BMWs?

·
Registered
14 Posts
which are the fog lights

brianlay said:
The rear fog lights on US cars can be enabled simply by installing the euro light switch. I did this today on my 330i
Is the switch just a bypass for the backup lights> Not sure where the rear fog lamps are in the rear.

I have a 2006 330xi E90.

Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
brianlay said:
I owe you beer! Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So...any more details on this? How do the fog lights work..where are they? where does the swith go? Any photos?

Cheers for that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts