Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got california license plates for my ED E90 and I can't figure out how to put the rear license plates. The rear of the car has two holes in the middle that are meant for the european license plate. The california license plate with 4 holes (1 on each corner) does not match up. Do I need some special mount?

The car came with a mount for the front license plate and that works fine (although I dont plan on putting the front license plates).

·
Registered
868 Posts
pythagoras said:
I just got california license plates for my ED E90 and I can't figure out how to put the rear license plates. The rear of the car has two holes in the middle that are meant for the european license plate. The california license plate with 4 holes (1 on each corner) does not match up. Do I need some special mount?

The car came with a mount for the front license plate and that works fine (although I dont plan on putting the front license plates).
why not just continue driving around with the euro plates? :dunno:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
pythagoras said:

Look in the trunk for a license plate mount. If it's not there, ask the dealer.

They should've installed this anyway.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Jspira said:
Look in the trunk for a license plate mount. If it's not there, ask the dealer.

They should've installed this anyway.
Yes, the processing center always puts one in the trunk along with the necessary screws.

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
adrian's bmw said:
Yes, the processing center always puts one in the trunk along with the necessary screws.
Not always. My 2004 M3 did not come with a US plate bracket. My 2005 M3 did however.

·
Registered
255 Posts
pythagoras said:

I just got mine as well and there's a mount that's left in the trunk. Funny that the dealer or VPC left the German licence plate on the vehicle. I guess I will drive with it until the real one comes :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts