BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile ago I aked if there were any OEM bumper reflectors and all the replys said no but one reply said to try red reflective tape that you can buy at any automotive store. I found the perfect reflective self adhering material, (TrailBlazer Ultra-Reflective Saftey Tape) Cut a template to fit inside the two recesses in the black part of the rear bumper and fit them in.They realy look great, as good as the OEM reflectors you can buy for the 5 series.I wish my camera was working so I could show you some pictures, sorry.
cheers
vern

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
This is for the X3? I haven't ever seen an X3, euro-spec or US-spec, with rear red reflectors. Of course, show us a pic and if it looks good.........

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AzNMpower32 said:
This is for the X3? I haven't ever seen an X3, euro-spec or US-spec, with rear red reflectors. Of course, show us a pic and if it looks good.........
Its for the X3. There are no OEM euro or U.S.reflectors but if you look close at the black part of the rear bumper on each side there are 2 forms in the bumper that could be cut out and reflectors put in. I just put the reflective tape on the formed part. I do have some pictures now.If some one would be kind enough to tell me how to post them I'll show them to you.
cheers
vern

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I noticed those shapes in the lower part of the bumper cover when I first got my '06 and assumed it was for reflectors that were required somewhere, but not here. I have since noticed some of the new X3's that do have factory reflectors there and they seem to be the same size so I wonder if the "real OEM" reflectors would fit. If not Vern's solution is a good one. I seem to recall a much earlier post that pretty much said the same thing about cutting to fit.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed those shapes in the lower part of the bumper cover when I first got my '06 and assumed it was for reflectors that were required somewhere, but not here. I have since noticed some of the new X's that do have factory reflectors there and they seem to be the same size so I wonder if the "real OEM" reflectors would fit. If not Vern's solution is a good one. I seem to recall a much earlier post that pretty much said the same thing about cutting to fit.
I've had mine on for over 5 years and they look as good as the day I put them on.
cheers
vern

1 - 6 of 6 Posts