BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be normal but wanted to know if any others here notice the same thing. If I drive over a big enough bump I hear (from the back seats) what sounds like what you'd hear if you rub paper against paper...or maybe like styrofoam rubbing styrofoam...hard to describe. I believe it's probably coming from the leather seats and is normal? Don't know why I never noticed it before. Anyone else hear the same thing?

·
Registered
985 Posts
It could be the seat. My car is very noisy with rattles on bumpy roads. It could also be the styrofoam ( polyethylene foam?) in the trunk where the spare tire is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. It was the polyethylene foam in the trunk. I took it out before leaving for work today and the noise is gone. A few months ago I had the unfortunate experience of having to clean-up a wine bottle that broke in the trunk on the way home from the grocery store. The wine dripped down into the spare tire compartment. I removed everything and drove around with it empty for awhile. I must not have put everything back properly because I don't remember the noise before.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. It was the polyethylene foam in the trunk. I took it out before leaving for work today and the noise is gone. A few months ago I had the unfortunate experience of having to clean-up a wine bottle that broke in the trunk on the way home from the grocery store. The wine dripped down into the spare tire compartment. I removed everything and drove around with it empty for awhile. I must not have put everything back properly because I don't remember the noise before.
It is a good idea to look after that part of the trunk. You may have noticed that there are a few electronic devices in the foam/area. You may want to be sure they stay dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts