BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Learning Every Day
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and forums section, but I've gathered amazing amounts of information and insights into my e39 purchased nearly a year ago. For that, THANK YOU!

Now it's time to return the favor if I can (at least for those of you that have had to try to replace the silly plastic clips on the power rear shade in the e39s).

I'm sure that anyone that has ever had those clips break knows just how much of a shakedown it is to find the aluminum clips and have to shell out a C-note and 1/2 to get four parts that might cost $15 in machine time + material. I've stumbled across an eBay seller that has replacement clips for less than $15, and they have them for several BMW models, not just the e39. Yes, they are plastic, but I can replace these clips in about 20-30 minutes, and I can replace them quite a few times for $15! PM me if you'd like my insight on this straightforward repair...

Another alternative (the one I used) was to remove a set of working clips from a car in a parts yard...

See this link to this eBay seller and once at their page search using the keywords "e39 shade".
http://www.ebay.com/usr/brossautoparts?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Enjoy! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts