BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 550i

I've been through 2 sets of rear tires in a year. The inner portion of tire keeps going bald fast. Any thoughts on what could be causing this issue ?

Also the front driver side has done the same thing.

Any information would help

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,571 Posts
A proper alignment to your advised ordered numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been aligned a few times. Is there any thing that may be causing alignment to go bad so fast causing this issue?

Also no I'm not using spacers. OEM Rims and Tire sizes on front and rear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,571 Posts
No, there is alignment and there is ***8216;alignment***8217;. How do you know that anything was done at your first paid-for alignment, or that the mechanic did not pencil-whip you?

Study your car***8217;s allowable ***8220;in spec***8221; alignment numbers and their effects on driveability and tire wear. Decide what you want. Discuss the numbers with trusted advisors. Go to the alignment mechanic and tell him to align your car in accordance with BMW published (www.NewTIS.info) procedures to these - your - numbers. If you don***8217;t trust him, if he pencil-whipped you, then get an alignment check before you ruin another set of tires.

Salesmen are not trusted advisors, one does not pay a trusted advisor except a lawyer (then he is bound by canons of ethics).

Mechanical or electrical problems can hypothetically cause tire wear problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts