BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
asad said:
Can anyone advise on how to install a reversing rear view camera ? I already have a moitor and communications pack - is it a major job ?
Which 'monitor & communications package' are you refering to??? Do you already have the camera? Need some more details on what you are trying to do! I have the reversing camera installed in the roundel itself. Not difficult to do. I would be glad to help if you have any questions... :thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry - in the UK 'communications pack' means the NAV/TV/Telephone system. I have not purchased a camera yet. Briefly what is involved and could a novice like me have a go ? Cheers.

·
Registered
596 Posts
asad said:
Sorry - in the UK 'communications pack' means the NAV/TV/Telephone system. I have not purchased a camera yet. Briefly what is involved and could a novice like me have a go ? Cheers.
Depends on which camera you go with. The OEM backup cam is easier to install as it more or less screws on to the trunk just above the license plate. Other aftermarket cams like mine are obviously more work as it is less visible, and you have to cut into the trunk and take off the trunk interior panel/trim to run the wires through. If you are a novice at it, I would recommend getting it installed professionally.

·
Welcomed to the 'Fest!
696 Posts
Jon said:
Rear-view camera? LOL!

My favorite pics of all-time that I took during my tenure as GSM of Cutter Motors.
Seeing the mugs on those two guys and then seeing that arse, it's just too disgusting. It is not like the stuff you posted in a FF thread. If you are going to post any things of the ass variety it must be like the FF stuff. You have been advised. :angel:

·
Registered
847 Posts
King said:
Depends on which camera you go with. The OEM backup cam is easier to install as it more or less screws on to the trunk just above the license plate. Other aftermarket cams like mine are obviously more work as it is less visible, and you have to cut into the trunk and take off the trunk interior panel/trim to run the wires through. If you are a novice at it, I would recommend getting it installed professionally.
King, so which aftermarket rear camera do you have?

Another question is, i'll be getting my E39 NAV retrofit kit in 2 to 3 weeks, then Tyrone to do the installation. What i'm looking for is video source/input module, not necessarily a TV module to watch TV on my NAV screen, to connect my rear camera as well as maybe other video source, eg. DVD player, video Ipod, etc. Any input on what video source module i should get?

Thanks much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.